Mapping Your offsite Filesystem as a Drive Letter
Your offsite filesystem can be mapped as a drive letter, allowing you to use it in Windows Explorer, or any other Windows application, just like you would any other drive.
Download and run the installation executable here.
Simply agree to the short license agreement and choose the default choices of the install.
Double-click the program icon or choose the ExpanDrive program from Start Menu, Programs.
To create a new drive letter mapped to your Offsite filesystem, enter:
- a human readable name for the drive in the Drive box
- The hostname of the sync.synchaven.net server you were assigned to in the Server box
- Your sync.synchaven.net username in the Username box
- Your sync.synchaven.net password in the Password box
- We recommend leaving the "Save Password" box checked
- Please leave "Authentication" set to "Use a password to log in"
- Choose any unused drive letter
- Reconnect at logon can be checked or unchecked, depending on your preference
- Make sure "Save Drive" is checked
Now click the "Connect" button to connect for the first time.
There may be a delay of a few seconds as the drive is mapped. You will then see a short message in the lower right corner of your screen indicating that "ExpanDrive successfully connected". Windows explorer will then open to the new mapped drive.
Checking Quota Usage With ExpanDrive
In Windows Explorer, simply right-click the mapped drive and choose "properties". You will be shown a standard Windows drive usage chart for your offsite storage.
- Geographic Redundancy
- Premium Connectivity
- Automate with SSH keys
- Run remote commands
- HIPAA/SOX Compliant
50-99 GB - 5% Off
100-199 GB - 10% Off
200-399 GB - 15% Off
400-799 GB - 20% Off
800-1999 GB - 25% Off
2000-4999 GB - 30% Off